Christie Mokotupu was born at Bankstown hospital in 1983 and raised in Greenacre, NSW Australia. She was captain of Greenacre Public School before attending Strathfield Girls High School where her love of volleyball began with the influence of her older sister Moana and coaches Mike and Janet Iacano, Yuri Chernenko and Pho.
At the age of 14, she moved to Canberra after she was offered a full-time scholarship to the Australian Institute of Sport. She remained on scholarship for 5 years where she lived on campus for the majority of that time with many of Australia’s top elite athletes and Olympians. She competed for Australia in the 2000 Olympics at 17 years of age. She is the youngest volleyball Olympian in Australian history. At the age of 20, she retired after a successful sporting career beginning at the age of 9 where she was a national athletics finalist to her career as a volleyball champion competing in a world championship, playing professionally in A2 division Padova, Italy and competing in over 200 games for Australia.
After a short break Christie made a short lived comeback this time to beach volleyball at 22 by moving to QLD to train at Sandstorm full time with Larry Busch before competing in the 2005 World Beach Volleyball Tour in Asia & Europe.
After returning from a long tour overseas Christie chose not to pursue the next Olympic Games but settled Into a new relationship.
In 2009 at 25 yrs old Christie gave birth to her son Corado.
Christie was the Team Manager for Top Fuel Dragster Team - Rapisarda Autosport International from 2006, spanning 8 years managing the team bases in both Brownsburg, Indianapolis In the USA and Wetherill Park, NSW in Australia.
In 2015 she shared her private battle with depression, drugs and alcohol addiction with the Sydney Morning Herald to raise money for One80tc.org and to prevent others from the consequences of abusing drugs.
In 2016 she founded Candifest Ministry, Candifest Enterprises Pty Ltd and The Wander Organisation - her trinity vision that blends her love of ministry, business and philanthropy together.
In 2017 she featured on the Christian Channel - Wesley Impact TV and was interviewed on her anti-drug campaigning. That same year she also appeared on Channel 7’s Today Tonight and featured on a nine honey article as a Pain Pod (drug free pain relief) Ambassador.
Christie has been inducted into both the Bankstown Sporting Hall of Fame and the Lake Ginninderra College Sporting Hall of Fame.
In July 2018 she Joined Marrickville & Auburn SES (State Emergency Service) as a volunteer after completing a 5 month Christian medical mission with Medical DTS, YWAM KONA in Hawaii, USA and the Amazon Jungle, Brazil.
In 2019 Christie graduated with a Diploma in Aviation as a Commercial Helicopter Pilot from Tafe Qld/Townsville Helicopters in Townsville.
In 2020 she started a double degree Bachelor of Biomedical Science and Bachelor of Laws at the Australian Catholic University alongside an Online Bible Study course with University of the Nations Online SBS.
Christie has a keen interest in Australian and American politics joining the One Nation Party in 2020.
Christie is a well respected Public Speaker due to her honesty and vulnerability in speaking truth. She "Keeps It Real" publicly on all topics online, in schools, churches, private and corporate events.
Contact Christie to speak at your event.
My vision is to protect, unite and love as many souls and people of all faiths, cultures, beliefs and sexual identities as I can while alive.
I see communities of unity, empathy, understanding and resilience.
I have a vision to create and fund platforms that protect and bring joy to the lives of poor, disadvantaged, abused and neglected children.
My vision is to see many children equipped with knowledge of the Bible and build a deep relationship with Christ.
Through the evolution and growth of Candifest Ministry I see drug free festivals at ANZ stadium in Sydney uniting all faiths, cultures and sexual identities with the common goal to heal and overcome drug addiction in our community. I see that fire of festivals go global.
I believe in loving people first and being great custodians of the planet and animals. I believe we can live with less and give more to those less fortunate. I have a vision at The Wander Organisation to attract and recruit wealthy and elite members of the community to join me in philanthropic efforts to donate our time, resources, wealth and use our God given platforms to help others.
I support humanitarian aid and human rights laws that serve to protect and help the vulnerable, weak, abandoned and displaced citizens around our globe.
I choose to serve others and not be served (Matthew 20:28), to put others needs above my own (Philippians 2:3) and to love others when it's hard (Matthew 5:44). I seek God for grace when I lack it (2 Corinthians 12:9) and I work to love and treat others with opposing and conflicting beliefs as I would treat myself. (Matthew 22:39).
I believe that Jesus rose from the dead and died on the cross for our sins so that we may have everlasting life. I confess with my heart that he is lord and saviour over my life and family. I believe there is only one true God and I have been baptised and sanctified by the confession and repentance of my sins.
I work daily towards Christ-like character and living by biblical principles.
My life Mission is to see others have the healing, faith, contentment and peace that I have within after overcoming depression, pain, trauma and adversity.
My mission is to constantly get people to put their faith and hope in Jesus over the short lived pleasures of the world. I pray that I pass on the free gift of Jesus to as many people as possible by living a life of integrity, humility and kindness that inspires others to look in the direction of Jesus.
My mission is to use my platform as a public speaker and the gifts God has given me and not to waste or bury them with me when my life mission is complete on earth (Matthew 25:14-30).
1. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? — To heal people.
2. What would you do if you won $1,000,000 right now? — Help people struggling.
3. Do you believe everything happens for a reason? — I believe all things work for good.
4. If you could write a letter to your younger self, what would you say? — Following Jesus is the best path once you leave school.
5. What's something you want to do that you’ve never done before? — Build a successful company to fund my ministry.
6. If you could change one thing about your childhood, what would it be? — Nothing.
7. When is the last time you cried? — Yesterday.
8. If you could visit anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? — Middle East.
9. What is your dream job? — A Pastor and Flying Doctor to the poor.
10. What's your favorite thing about yourself? — Forgiving when it’s hard.
11. If you could have dinner with one person, dead or alive, who would it be? — Jesus.
12. What's something that no one else knows about you? — I love Wombats and I have a life sized stuffed toy wombat that my parents gave me at 17. I also don’t watch any sport ever unless I’m invited to go watch and I don’t own a TV.
14. What's the most valuable thing you've learned from your ex? — To love unconditionally.
15. What are the three things you'd save if your apartment caught on fire? — Bible, emergency back pack and phone.
16. What's one thing you want to cross off your bucket list as soon as social distancing is over? — Visit some churches and ministries around the world.
17. What accomplishment are you most proud of? — Giving birth to a child at least once.
18. Any plans to date or get married one day? — I am married to the church and I am fully committed to the work of the lord and Candifest Ministry.
Copyright © 2020 Christie Mokotupu - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Candifest Enterprises Pty Ltd